Film ID: YFA 975 STONE LAYING AND BUILDING IN PROGRESS, POOL 1929-1930 Visitor TabsDescription This film documents the laying the foundation stone for the Methodist Sunday school. This was an extension of the existing Methodist Chapel. The Whiteley family made a donation for its construction. The vicar of the Anglican Church, G.H Mercer is seen briefly and the village shop on Main street is in the background (It is a private house now). Edwin Reed, a famous stained glass window maker (Pool Chapel maker of the mosaic in the Chapel in memory of his wife, and Ilkley Parish church) taps the stone and the Rev. Morris Hart, Methodist minister of the village, is the tall man to the rear of the proceedings.